Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sad day

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to put up a quick post letting you all know my grandmother, or who I call MommaNipper, passed away this morning at 5:45. She fought a very brave and couragious fight with pancreatic cancer. Up until the very end she fought until we all told her it was OK to rest. It was a very beautiful thing. She was in her home laying in her favorite place of her home. My grandfather, PapaNipper, got up very early this morning and sat at her side. He sat there holding her hand telling her how after 50 plus years of marriage he would marry her again today. She took her last breathe with him right at her side. You know my grandparents had one of the those amazing bonds that you only dream of. My MommaNipper was the most amazing, selfless, and caring person I have ever known. Ever since I can remember she was always "doing" what needed to be done and helping others. She always put others needs before her own and was happy doing it. Her absolute favorite phrase, which she repeated often, was God is good all the time, All the time God is good. I know that she truly believed that even at the end.

MommaNipper as I sit here and type I know that you are with me. You have helped make me the woman I am today. I only pray that I may live to be half the woman you are. Sweet dreams-

Photobucket

11 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh Christy my heart is sad with you. As I sit here and cry there is comfort knowing and believing that God IS good all the time, All the time God IS good. What a woman! Take hold that your grandmother is with her maker and that you will see her again one day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Heather Smith of Studio H Salon said...

Christy, you and your family are in my prayers. I think the manicure pics mean so much more today than ever, what an amazing grandmother you have. I am so happy to know you too remember phrases, my grandfathers was ..Remember two things, I love you and GOD loves you. These get me through a lot of days where I miss him so much! Love ya

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing she is with our Lord.

Sarah Owen said...

Christy, I know you heart is hurting, so I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. It is so good to have such strong and virtuous memories to hold onto. We are praying.

Anonymous said...

Christy, I that this is a difficult time for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother, but what a beautiful story you've shared. Thanks for the inspiration. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Christy, you've been in my thoughts ever since I left your studio on Wed. I'm so sorry. If the person you are today is any indication of the woman your grandmother was, then she was truly incredible!

Scott said...

So sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing that very sweet account of your grandparents last words to each other....I'm sitting at work trying not to let the tears flow. Take care and God Bless!

Sarah Owen said...

After looking at this picture, I always thought your brother looked just like your mom, but WOW he looks exactly like your grandfather. I love this picture, this is a great photo to remember her by, she looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in my prayers.